Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding
Scotts Flat Lake. If you don’t find what you are looking for, please contact us.
- What kind of fish are available to catch at Scotts Flat Lake?
German Brown Trout, Massachusetts Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Kokanee, Large Mouth Bass, Small Mouth Bass, Spotted Bass, Bulhead Catfish and Channel Catfish.
- How many Sites are available in Scotts Flat Lake Recreation Area?
Gate 1 currently has (96) single sites and (1) 100 person Group Site
Gate 2 currently has (75) single sites and (3) group sites (one hosts 20 people, one hosts 30 people and one hosts 40 people)
- How many people are allowed per site?
Up to 10 people are allowed per site (excluding group sites). One vehicle is allowed for free per site with a maximum of 2 vehicles per site. (second vehicle is $10.00 per night)
- How large is the lake?
Scotts Flat Lake has 7 miles of shoreline, is 1 mile wide, 2 miles long and 80 to 100 feet deep at it’s deepest point at maximum capacity.
- Do You have showers?
Yes, we have hot water showers available in both Gate 1 and Gate 2. The cost to use the showers is $.25 per 3 minutes.
- Do you have flush toilets?
Yes, we do have flush toilets in multiple areas of the resort. Our restrooms are handicap accessible.
- Can I bring an RV?
Yes, we have multiple RV sites available.
- Do you have RV Hookups?
We do not have hookups at this time.
- How far are you from Nevada City, California?
We are located approximately 9 miles from Downtown Nevada City.
- Are you open year round?
Yes, we are open 365 days a year.
- What is the cancellation policy?
There is a 14 day cancellation notice required and a cancelation fee of $10.00 will be charged.
- Do you have a playground?
Yes, we have a playground located in Gate 2, near the store.
- What is available with each campsite?
Each site has a fire ring, a picnic table.
- Do you sell fishing licenses or fishing rods?
Yes, we sell fishing licenses and sell fishing rods.
- Do you have dumping and filling facilities for RVs?
Yes, we offer both dumping and filling stations for RVs which is included in the site charge.
- Do you have bear lockers?
No, we do not have bear lockers at this time. Please store all food items in your vehicle when not in use.
- When is payment due for reservations?
Reservation must be paid in full at time of booking.
- Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we accept Visa or Mastercard. We do not accept American Express.
- Who do I make a check out to for reservations?
Please make all checks payable to Scotts Flat Lake.
- Do you allow pets?
Yes, we allow pets. There is a $3.00 per night, per pet fee. Pets must be on a leash at all times and are not allowed on the beach or in swim areas.
- Are personal watercraft allowed?
We do not allow personal watercraft at Scotts Flat Lake, such as; Jet Skis, Wave Runners, ect. Boats ARE allowed.
- Do you sell firewood?
Yes, firewood is available at a cost of $6.50 per bundle.
- No glass containers allowed on the beach.